Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet, Innocent, Naive

My name is Jense.
I think I got it figured out.
I don't know who I am.
Weird huh? You'd think that I would. And I guess at some degree, I do. I'm Jensen Parrish. My father is Bill Parrish and my mother is Ross Parrish. I have 3 younger brothers named Ian, Keegan, and Liam. I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a child of God.
But, at the same time, I don't.
I've been trying to figure it out for a long time.
But, here's the thing. Everyone think that they know me, and they gave me a label.
"Sweet, innocent, naive Jensen."
I hated it. Because I'm not sweet, innocent, or naive.
My 2 best friends had sex together at the age of 16 and 15. 10th grade year, I went through a rebellious stage. I swear when I'm angry. I cry when I'm hurt.
I've seen my share of non-sweet, non-innocent things.
But, for reasons unknown to me, people look at me and say, "Sweet, innocent, naive Jensen."
I hated it so much.
So, I fought it.
Swear. Yell. Laugh at dirty jokes. Gossip. Immodesty.
Yet, naturally, I cringe at it all.
Naturally, I don't want to do it.
But, I fought the natural.
Until now. I just don't want to fight it anymore.
I was so determined to prove everyone wrong, that now I can't prove myself right. Caught in between two people.
Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment