Friday, June 3, 2011

The Wall

My name is Jense.
I'm surrounded by a wall.
I built this wall actually. No one trapped me in it. I built it all on my own.
It was a long process, let me tell you. It took me a few years. When I was younger, I was so carefree and naive. I just ran around and played and laughed.
Then my first heartbreak happened. That was awful.
So, I built a little pedestal for myself. "I'm not coming down until the right one comes."
I stood on that pedestal for a long time. As much as I loved being above everyone, I began to get a little lonely. No body really noticed me standing there. But, I refused to come down. Not till the right one came.
Then he came. And I dont know how he did it, but he coaxed me into coming down from my safe pedestal. He took my hand and led me down. I felt free again. "This is what I've been missing."
But, even he led me astray.
Left me alone.
Left me confused.
"But... You were suppose to be the one."
With tears rolling, I climbed back on my pedestal. I sat there. Let the tears flow. I looked around.
Even the pedestal couldn't protect me. It wasn't enough.
And so, I started to build. I built day and night. With bricks. I surrounded myself with these bricks.
Now here I stand here surrounded by my wall.
And I'm not coming back out.
I'm waiting for the one who will climb the wall, and lead me back.
And until then, I will stay here, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment