Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fly on the Wall

My name is Jense.
Right now, I feel like a fly on the wall. If that's the correct phase.
Oh well, I'm using it regardless.
I mean, I'm just chilling out on the wall, watching the world around me. And every so often, the world acknowledges me, but they are too busy with their lives to swat me. Too busy to care. Then, when I, the fly, try to buzz around, to let them know I exist, then they just get annoyed. But they won't kill me.
The world is too busy to regard those around them. Those who are suffering. Those who are drowning, yearning to be seen and heard.
For some, it's love.
For some, it's fame.
For some, it's fortune.
For me, it's acknowledgement.
To be of some use to this world. To outshine everyone in at least one thing. One thing that really makes me special. That makes me stand out in the crowd.
It's hard, though, when the only talent you've got have been snatched by another. One who is better.
I wouldn't mind being a fly right now. At least a fly can fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment