Monday, February 28, 2011

Rock in my Shoe

My name is Jense.
Today as I was walking, I realized that there was a rock in my shoe. It was driving me crazy as I was walking to class. It was kinda hurting. But, being in a hurry, I didn't stop to take it out and continue my walk up the hill.
I started thinking.
Life is like having a rock in your shoe.
How?
Well, think about it. There are sometimes things that nudge at us and bother us and hurt us. Just like a rock in your shoe.
We call them grudges.
Grudges literally tears us down. I would know. I'm one of the worse grudge holders ever. But sometimes, instead of letting go of the grudge and taking it out of our lives, we just leave it there, cuz we don't want to take the time to stop and take it out. It's easier to be angry. Sometimes, it's more fun. Sometimes, we like having that excuse of being angry. Sometimes, we like to feel sorry for ourselves. It's human nature.
When I got home, I shook the rock out. I put my shoe back on. It felt so nice.
And isn't that how it is with grudges? When we take it out and put charity in its place? You just feel so much nicer. Better. It just feels good.
Shake that rock out of your shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment