Thursday, March 24, 2011

Playing

My name is Jense.
I just got out of the piano room. I locked myself in there for a good hour. Just playing.
I missed hip hop. I didn't respond to texts.
I just played. And played. And played.
I remember being little, and telling my parents they should let me quit. "I'll never use it when I'm older. What good will it do?"
"You'll thank us later." That's always what they said.
"That will be the day..." I never finished. I never believed them.
I just got out the piano room. Just playing. Playing. Musicals. Pop. Hymns. Originals.
Thanks Mom and Dad. For not letting me quit. For forcing me to stick with it. For making me practice all those hours. You not only made it possible for me to play songs.
You made it possible for me to heal.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is an amazing reflection from a wonderful young woman that I am extremely happy to know! I loved what you posted here! Why am I just now reading this...when it was posted way back in 2011...over a year ago??? YIPES! I love you, Jense!

    ReplyDelete