Monday, April 11, 2011

I am Evidence

My name is Jense.
There's a lot of debate on the existance of God. The existence of a higher power. A lot of people nowadays don't believe in Him.
It's sad really.
I'm not judging those that don't, please don't think that I am. But it's just sad to me.
There's no way there can't be.
How do I know?
I am evidence of His miraculous power.
Tonight for FHE, my family and I got into a discussion about the Lord's timing. It started out with Christ teaching and preaching to the Jews, but just working miracles for the Gentiles. I never really realized that before. So we talked about that, and how Christ was commanded to preach to the Jews specifically, but not the Gentiles. That led to how even in the latter days, some privileges are not given to some right away, like how blacks couldn't recieve the prisesthood until later in history. Some people have a hard time accepting that. But, that's not the point. The point is, that for some reason or other, the Lord saw it fit that blacks couldn't recieve the priesthood until way later.
I didn't understand really, so I asked my dad. He said that he honestly didn't know. "Maybe it would have given people more of a reason to persecute the church. Maybe it would have caused more grievances. I do not know. But all I do know is that God is all knowing, and He knew why they couldn't have the power at the time." That was his response.
Then the FHE lesson really began (that was really a scripture study discussion). Mom had the lesson. Ironically enough, it was kind of about priesthood power.
She started telling the story of how when I was born. How when I was born, I couldn't breathe. How right at the moment the doctors got me out, Dad asked if he could give me a blessing. That part I did know about.
What I didn't realize was that within hours of my birth, my names were in 7 different temples. People all over were praying for me. People that didn't even know who I was. People who would never know who I am. They were praying for me. For my family. Crying to God that they would bless us with the special blessings that I needed. I doubt they even knew how serious the situation was.
I am here, typing this. I walk with both legs. I see with both eyes. I hear with both ears (for the most part). I can talk. I can write. I get good grades in school. I like to sing and dance.
You look me right in the eye and tell me that there is no God.

No comments:

Post a Comment