Sunday, April 3, 2011

A New Beginning

My name is Jense.
Today is just one of those days where I miss you a lot.
Most days I'm fine. I've gotten to the point where I can say your name without feeling a sting in my heart. Or I can hear people mention you and I just laugh at the stories. Heck, I can even tell a story about you and I'm fine. I don't burst into tears, or have to go to my room to compose myself. Most days, I'm just fine.
But then, there are days like today. Days where I just miss you a lot.
I read your last letter today. The one I haven't gotten the strength (or, to be frank, the desire) to respond to. You seemed really sincere and sorry. There were so many things that you never told me. So many secrets hidden.
We really could have had a chance, couldn't we? We really could have been together, couldn't we? We really could have worked things through, couldn't we?
But do you want to know the weirdest part?
I kinda feel like this isn't the end.
Maybe it's just a dream, a hope. Maybe it's just an imagination. But sometimes, I feel like this isn't the end.
Does that mean we are going to be together forever? Chances are, no.
Are we going to get married or anything? Most likely, not.
Will you even care for me when you come back? Probably not.
But I feel like this isn't the end.
Maybe it's just a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment