Saturday, April 2, 2011

Switch it Around

My name is Jense.
Here's the truth.
I'm afraid of what I want.
I know, right? It's weird. Kinda like, a juxtaposition? Oxymoron? Truth.
I know exactly what I want. I'd never admit it really. But I know exactly what I want.
And what I want is happiness. Guaranteed happiness. Joy beyond measure. I want to live in my own little home. Have my own kids. Maybe a dog one day. A husband who loves me. Marriage.
Love. Pure true love.
Am I old fashion? They would say so. They would say I'm weak. They would say I'm pathetic. They would say I should be better than that. They would say to put it off a few years.
Maybe that's why I'm afraid of what I want.
Because they switched the truth around alot. The truth about happiness.
They would say that happiness consists of a few things:
Being single
Being wealthy
Not having kids
Fame
Being the best at everything
Being skinny
Having the latest hairstyle
Wearing the latest fashions
Something like that.
Well. I've tried a lot of that.
And it doesn't really make me happy.
Maybe I switch it around a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment