Friday, April 15, 2011

The Office

My name is Jense.
I found your old office today.
It was by accident. I was really trying to find the bathroom. But I took a wrong turn.
It had your name on the door.
     
                                       "B.J. Bart J. Parrish
                                          Boss's Husband"

I stared at it. I was a little scared at first. I pushed the door open.
The room was really messy. It still hasn't been cleaned out, even though it's been 14 years.
I walked in. There was your desk. Your flag. Your "L"  Lion's Club vest. The window looked out into the garage, where people fix their cars. It all looks the same.
I remember when you used to sit behind that desk. When you wore that vest. It's very blurry and vague, but I remember.
It's been 14 years.
And yet, your memory still makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment